Sunrise, Florida
Featured 100% full Not resolved

Purchases a 52 oz (1.47kg) can of Planters Extra Large Virginia Peanuts from our local Sams store SCAN CODE # 2900001039 with expiration date of 07FEB17EX07:55.The bottom of half of the can, the peanuts were wet with a orange like liquid and after wiping one of the peanuts with a cloth, tasted and it was soggy and stale.

ended up having to throw away the contents except a small amount that I have taken photos of in the can. Can you determine what is substance was and why your product would be sold in this condition?

very disappointed with this purchase and product.

Review about: Planters Extra Large Virginia Peanuts.

I didn't like: Quality off the peanuts, Foreign substance on peanuts.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $8
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Kraft Foods?

Comments

Samuel Wilbur
#1020009

I do not recommend that you attempt to touch a peanut that is as this story describes.Never mind taste it.

If you have this kind of problem, you should contact your nearest office of the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).

The website should be able to give those details; if not, you can call the FDA direct or contact via the website.

I always recommend that the contact should be verbal to a real person, and that you make a note of the time of the call, the number you called, and the name of the person you spoke with.

Contacting the manufacturer is not such a good idea; many incidents have been hidden from investigation because the manufacturer wishes to keep them out of the public eye...even though the public are the customers.